Here I am, in all of my tainted glory, S.J. Romero! For those of you that do not know me, I am the author of H narratives: Divulgence and Candy Cutter. For those of you that do know me, well, you can know me a little bit more.
First things first, thank you for taking the time to read about me and my work. I’m sure that you have plenty of things to do in your busy life and I don’t take that truth lightly. I also don’t plan on wasting your time. You’ve come here to learn some things about H narratives or to enjoy my random babbling. Either way, you don’t want a lot of fluff. If you do want fluff, you can contact me for a one-on-one fluff party.
Next, this entire blog is me doing my best to type as fast as my mind can think, so for all of you editors out there, there will be mistakes. I type fast because what I really want to be doing is getting more work done on H narratives. It really is a fascinating series, with lots to explore and lots of potential for spin-off action. Whoa there… almost went too far down another path. This path, or rather this page, is about me and not my work. That written, here’s some stuff about me:
- I stand five foot, ten inches tall and weigh more than I should, but less than I could.
- Sorry guys and gals, I’m married to a beautiful woman, and I don’t cheat.
- I’m blessed with two amazing boys, who teach me just as much as I teach them.
- My favorite food is Mexican food, except when they load on the salsa fresca. Come on, HOT SAUCE, not chopped up bits of vegetables…
- My favorite dessert is Vanilla Swiss Almond, ice cream (yes, Haagen Dazs, as featured in Divulgence).
- My favorite book is… I don’t have just one, but honestly, the Bible has some great stuff in there (murder, violence, betrayal, grace, forgiveness, super powers), but technically it’s 66 books so…
- My favorite movie is The Lord of the Rings, and yes I know that it’s three movies (technically four if you’re a Super Nerd like me and have the extended versions), but when you watch them in one sitting, it counts as one.
Final thought(s): That picture at the top of the page is me at my desk (I’m sitting here now, typing away at that very desk). If you’re looking at that picture, do you see the window and the door? I didn’t plan for that to happen, but I noticed one day that my big ol’ head was between a door and a window and I thought, “How cool is that?” Creativity is like windows and doors.
Windows and doors can be opened, but their purpose is different and how they open is different too. Some open vertically, others open horizontally, and for those living in tornado country, you might have some doors that open diagonally. Point is, creative windows and doors are two things that should never be taken for granted and should be explored often. What can I smell? What do I hear? Where can I go? What do I see?
Creative inspiration is all around us. I bet you’ve got some windows and doors in your own mind. Explore those windows, explore those doors. I hope this blog becomes one of your windows, or one of your doors, and I hope that you come back often because I’ll be here, doing my best to type as fast as my mind can think. Enjoy the journey …